permissions (he teaches Server, Exchange, etc at the school) and he said
the answer was *B*. But then I mentioned it to Teacher #2 (who actually
teaches the class where this question arose) and he said the answer was
*E*. I guess 'street smarts' would say just go with the teacher who is
teaching the class and be done with it, but i really want to understand
this stuff.

So now I've returned from school and it looks like the consensus on
this forum is that the correct answer is *E* which is fine. BUT Teacher
#1 made a convincing point to me. He stated that the _only_ permission
assigned to a folder (c:\accounting\forms) that can override the
inheritance permission is the 'Deny' permission unless you -block the
permission inheritance-.

If the answer is *E* that would mean that 'Full Control' can also
override the 'Read' permission. I'm assuming you guys say this because
assigning 'Full Control' permission is giving the user more control
therefore it will take precedence?

I don't know. I'm not trying to aggravate anyone here and I'm not
trying to insult anyone's knowledge in NTFS security, I'm just trying to
understand why the answer is *E* and not *B* and why there are so many
professionals giving different answers. Thanks again.

--
LTCstudent

  • Re: The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
    ... and the teacher repeatedly told him he didn't have time to ... after school to answer questions. ... Two days later, he was still bitching, and saying ... other kids were complaining, too. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
    ... and the teacher repeatedly told him he didn't have time to stay ... after school to answer questions. ... Two days later, he was still bitching, and saying that ... other kids were complaining, too. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
    ... And he let go a great teacher that happened to be an outspoken ... after school to answer questions. ... Two days later, he was still bitching, and saying that ... other kids were complaining, too. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: Hope You Are Not Tired!
    ... I'd strongly recommend not saying that to someone who has just ... that high school students do this. ... class most students leave the room in silent relief. ... who have formed a friendly relation with the teacher may stay ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: RR to Michigan?
    ... the school is not saying whether UM asked for ... permission to speak to RR. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)