Re: Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy

"Tony Vrolyk" <me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23YhYALcSKHA.4048@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok here is an interesting twist. was going to remote into another customer's PC but asked that she turn off UAC before hand. She did that restarting and and tested my program even before we connected and it worked as expected. She tested and turned UAC back on, restarted and then tried the program again and it seemed to revert back to the old version.

This is very weird

FYI my program is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\My Program...

Tony

"Tony Vrolyk" <me@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eC1jkobSKHA.3540@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I sell a program that I wrote in Access and have had a couple customers with 64 bit versions of Windows Vista where if I send them an updated file, via email or download, it appears as though the file has copied over the old version but when they run the program it is still the old version of the program. Is there some underlying copy protection that is preventing me from copying over the file yet does not report any error or security warning?

Here are a couple details
* The original install program installs the Access runtime, my program and related system files. The program itself is made up of two files. one Access MDE (like a read-only Access file that contains all the coding) and a database file.
* I then sent them an update which consists of a zip file that contains a new MDE. They are to copy that over their existing MDE in order to use the new version.
* In one instance I was able to remote into the customer's PC and do the file copy it myself. I can see the file copy, the file size and date appear to be correct for the new version but when I would run it it would run the old code. Ths PC was an HP laptop if that makes any difference

This is driving me batty. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tony

You didn't install the data base file in that same folder, did you?

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

.