Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy

I sell a program that I wrote in Access and have had a couple customers with
64 bit versions of Windows Vista where if I send them an updated file, via
email or download, it appears as though the file has copied over the old
version but when they run the program it is still the old version of the
program. Is there some underlying copy protection that is preventing me from
copying over the file yet does not report any error or security warning?

Here are a couple details
* The original install program installs the Access runtime, my program and
related system files. The program itself is made up of two files. one Access
MDE (like a read-only Access file that contains all the coding) and a
database file.
* I then sent them an update which consists of a zip file that contains a
new MDE. They are to copy that over their existing MDE in order to use the
new version.
* In one instance I was able to remote into the customer's PC and do the
file copy it myself. I can see the file copy, the file size and date appear
to be correct for the new version but when I would run it it would run the
old code. Ths PC was an HP laptop if that makes any difference

This is driving me batty. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Tony

  • Re: Vista 64bit rpeventing file copy
    ... file, via email or download, it appears as though the file has copied ... The original install program installs the Access runtime, ... contains a new MDE. ... directory entry and leave the original file as free disk space. ...
  • Re: OpenForm action was canceled
    ... If you have multiple versions of Access on 1 machine, and run under Windows Vista, see: ... Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista ... perhaps the A2007 machine is lacking a library reference that the MDE uses. ... I am getting this error message: The expression On Click you entered as the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: MDE file Access 2003 on Access 2002
    ... I did it to my customers but if I have only Access 2003 How can I create MDE ... Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits)
  • "cant move the focus to the control Picture" error
    ... One of our customers has this error. ... and the MDE continues to work afterwards. ... The PC is rather high spec, it's a HP TouchSmart tm2 Notebook PC with 64 bit ...
    (microsoft.public.access.setupconfig)
  • Re: Can this be done with VBA?
    ... It sounds as though you've got a monolithic database: ... and data are both contained in the same MDE. ... you should split the application into a front-end (containing the ... I have built an application that has been deployed to customers via the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)