Re: Administrator privileges for chkdsk

Hello Paul,

If you doing this from within Vista, then you will just need to run a
elevated command prompt instead. You would right click on the Command
Prompt shortcut and click on "Run as administrator" to do this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

zonkd;1151823 Wrote:
I want to run chkdsk but vista says I need adminstrator clout to do it.
This is in the command prompt, of course, so how can that be done,
please? Cheers
paul

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)
'*Windows Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Error 8007000B
    ... hi chris thanks for trying to help but no joy still cant download alos just ... "Chris G" wrote: ... By now 'Command Prompt' should be appearing inyour recently used programme ... If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error 8007000B
    ... Upon reboot - I missed hitting F12 quick enough and Windows started to ... 1)Boot Vista from DVD, ... 2)Click to rapair installation ... Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: For Windows Advocates: DX10 for Windows XP?
    ... Vista and also play a game, ... Many games just doesn't work on Vista. ... All this is no longer true with DirectX 10. ... "Command Prompt" is just a text-mode version of the Desktop. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Sleep
    ... instead a regular unelevated command prompt. ... verify that you have opened a elevated command prompt. ... Connie Martin;907876 Wrote: ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • Re: Tweaking the Registry when Vista is down
    ... Boot Vista dvd/recovery disc to System Recovery options Command prompt, ... In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the following registry ...