Re: UAC - what does it mean in simple terms?

"tryingtolearn" <tryingtolearn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:21B9C32F-B494-4127-A977-92460D891B48@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NOTE: Please see my inline replies.....tryingtolearn....

You need to create a space to type your replies. It's very difficult to see your replies because everything is prefixed with ">"

Please be aware that it is considered bad practice to use an Administrator account on a day-to-day basis. Certainly with Vista and Windows 7 there is no need to do so, and in fact if you had had experience with 'nix flavours of operating systems you would know that users almost NEVER run as root (aka "administrator"). That is one reason why those OS's are considerably more secure than the Windows varieties.
Running as an administrator constantly /could/ allow nasty things to act on your computer without you knowing anything about it.
I suggest you create a new Administrator account, call it Tech" or "Admin" or something like that, (NOT "administrator"), give it a good strong password, and then convert your normal account to a Standard User account.

  • Re: Remote Desktop Logon to Server
    ... I am able to login with the Administrator account. ... That was also the point - DCs should not be used by users. ... * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Remove from domain
    ... Log on with the Administrator account (not AN administrator account, ... Administrator account) on the local box - change the logon from the domain ... * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ... I'm also getting tons of error messages in ...
  • Re: Cant Unjoin Domain
    ... LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT name and password - the one that was created ... You must change the logon type from domain logon to local logon (change from ... * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re-Post: Renaming Administrator Account
    ... replies from anyone. ... Renaming the Administrator account ... I have renamed my Administrator account, ... -A Windows SharePoint Services site group could not be ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Corrupt User Profile
    ... when I try to log on (Standard user account ... not an administrator account) to Windoos 2000 Pro I ... "Windows cannot load your profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)