Typing sound in laptop

I was reading the online news this morning when I got a popup that said, "Windows Update Store Manager has stopped working" (or something simular) and when I closed the window, I heard a typing sound. I have heard this sound (like someone is typing on my laptop when no one is) before, but I couldn't connect it to anything. Any ideas:
HP G60 Notebook PC
ST9320320AS ATA Device
Slimtype DVD A DS8A2L-A Device
Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.0 GHz
Memory (RAM) 3.0 GB
32-bit OS
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

And I heard it again when I opened the System box to get those specs.
Thanks,
Phil

  • Re: HDD suddenly failed, please help - Update
    ... Windows XP SP2. ... The first warnings I can see in Event Manager is this: ... ATA Device Properties: ... Storage Technologies ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Ask EU Faint hope
    ... described as ATAPI iHAS124 D ATA Device for which Windows tells me I ... For reasons not immediately within my recall I have a copy of Creative Centrale on this box which also allows CD ripping. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Ask EU Faint hope
    ... described as ATAPI iHAS124 D ATA Device for which Windows tells me I ... Zen player) which also allows CD ripping (for entirely legal reasons). ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Ask EU Faint hope
    ... described as ATAPI iHAS124 D ATA Device for which Windows tells me I ... Changing the sliders at the bottom of the page seem to have no effect. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Blurred and incorrect color screen
    ... It seems when I boot up the Windows, ... on google type your monitor model in and see if there are any simular ... issues like yours, reg jon ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)