Re: Little red x

Worked like a charm.
Thank you
Ed
"John Galt" <galtj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:p5id95tqkgfklk7rbisd5ii7h718ppi1kh@xxxxxxxxxx
"Ed Ahern" <eahernisnotat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Phil, I get the red x's even without IE. All I have to do is hit my start
button and then "Help and support" Try it yourself on your machine (assuming
you run Vista). After hitting "help and Support" you should get a drop down
on the right. In the drop down is where the x's show up, like a placesetter

1. Close the Help and Support window.

2. Start the Registry Editor by clicking Start, typing "regedit" (no
quotation marks), and pressing ENTER. (You need administrator
privileges to do this.)

3. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png.

4. Right-click the .png folder, point to New, and then click String
value.

5. Add a new string named "Content Type" (without quotation marks).

6. Double-click the new Content Type string and set the Value data to
"image/png" (without quotation marks).

7. Close the Registry Editor, and then open Help and Support.

  • Re: Missing icons on help and support pages.
    ... The help worked before the updates. ... Right-click the .png folder, point to New, and then click String value. ... Add a new string named "Content Type" (without quotation marks). ...
  • Re: Icon Display in Windows Vista Help & Support
    ... Can anybody suggest how to display the icon? ... I gather this is a problem in Help & Support and not somewhere else. ... Right-click the .png folder, point to New, and then click String value. ... Add a new string named "Content Type" (without quotation marks). ...
  • Re: Windows Help and support window lost pictures.
    ... But unfortunatelly no any changes after appling the reg. ... Strange that previously the icon of Help and Support was named in English like "HP Help and Support" after upgrading via internet it has the name in Russian language, ... Right-click the .png folder, point to New, and then click String value. ... Add a new string named "Content Type" (without quotation marks). ...
  • Re: Strin in Quotation marks
    ... >> Is there any function for including string in single or double quotation ... >> marks? ... > If replying to the group, please do not mail me too ...
  • Re: Windows Help and support window lost pictures.
    ... Help and Support window everything was O'K, ... Right-click the .png folder, point to New, and then click String value. ... Add a new string named "Content Type" (without quotation marks). ...