Little red x

I've been running Vista for about a year. At various times I will open something and it seems that there are "boxes" with red x's and a description. I imagine it is a security thing. Is there someway to shut it off or am I better off leaving it alone. As an example, if I hit the start button and then "help and support" I will get these x's.

Ed

  • little red xs
    ... I have been running Vista for a while and I cannot solve this problem. ... As an example if I hit the start button, then "help and support" I get boxes with little red x's. ... I am sorry if my description is too amateurish but that is what I am ...
  • RE: Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger?
    ... control the cache size and the machine with 2gb of physical ram/3gb page file ... The smaller machine EffectivePrivateBytesLimit comes out at 60% of physical ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... When I started to look into it, I found that the older boxes all had ...
  • Re: System Programming versus Application Programming (was: Re: i4 Possible?)
    ... by the operating system, and not at the level of the operating system and those gnarly details. ... The operating system is inherently coded to the hardware ABIs, and usually with some effort to render many of the lower-level differences among the supported systems and servers comparatively inconsequential or even irrelevant to the applications. ... You'd think that it would allow them to sell more hardware and would continue to generate more support revenues. ... extending support to the bigger Tukwila and Poulson boxes is much higher than extending support to the four-socket and smaller boxes. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • RE: Cache.EffectivePrivateBytesLimit shrinks as box gets bigger?
    ... virtual memory available for cache useage. ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... When I started to look into it, I found that the older boxes all had ...
  • Re: Fortigate 3.0
    ... The support for SSL ... > good) easier and faster to use, they've added SSL VPN (That's VPN ... > excited about these boxes now, boxes for which I was already a big fan. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)