Re: Stripped attachments

Gordon;1542544 Wrote:
"chico905" <chico905@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:776577A2-55D0-4B08-B6D4-E5C9E2326E29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
attachments from a specific computer email address (XP using Outlook)
into
another computer using windows mail (vista) are stripped. Same
attachment
from same specific computer using another email address (such as
gmail)is
received correctly. Also attachment sent from and to same vista
computer
are
received ok. I cannot find which security switch may be causing the
problem

Check that the version of Outlook is NOT sending using the default
format of
Rich Text. Only Outlook can read that format, therefore Windows Mail
won't
see any attachments.

This fixed the issue ... thanks.

--
chico905

  • Re: mail merge to fax via outlook
    ... What do you actually have to put in your Outlook contacts to make merging using any number format work? ... you do not normally keep fax numbers in Outlook contacts, e.g. you are actually getting a list of fax numbers and other data in your Excel sheet and/or ... Also, Word either uses a different set of interfaces when merging to HTML than when it merges with attachments, or works with MAPI in a significantly different way. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Missing Attachments
    ... If it's any help I don't think publisher has anything to do with it as I have the same problem but am have not got publisher 2007 but do have the full MS Office suite of 2003 installed. ... attachments. ... I also use Outlook Express for my personal email (I keep Outlook ... The usual cause of this is using Rich Text format for your messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Mail Merge HTML Format Word 2002 XP SP3
    ... I would suggest that you ask the question in an Outlook newsgroup. ... HTML format as you have no control over how the recipient reads them. ... Dim olApp As Outlook.Application ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Outlook sp3 upgrade internet format change to rich text
    ... the sender really should use html or plain text format (since the people ... attachment for anyone not using outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Completely Blank E-mail Messages (should be messages with atta
    ... The sender and receiver are on the same ... Format to HTML. ... PA Bear is assuming that the sender is using Outlook and RTF format ...