Setting up a Vista Home Premium PC for College?

OK folks, I have been given a laptop for a cousin - he is taking it to
college. How should I set up everything to it is reasonable secure?
I have AVG on it, I am keeping UAC enabled.
What about the accounts? Should I enable the Admin account and give it
a password while his account is set up as a standard user?

  • Administrator password
    ... My daughter is off to college with her new laptop and I now ... I have her old desk top here and wanted to give it to my ... password but she is just a user as I limited her account. ...
  • security
    ... I have started college and I am required to take my ... I want to try to protect my ... laptop as much as possible. ... user account by typing the account and the password in. ...
  • Re: What laws did PC repair co. break by hacking my laptop?
    ... Had a fault with some of the keys on my laptop keyboard, ... Profile was set with a password, it was the only Administrator account, ... photographs, videos, and only my private photos and vids, had been ... Cite the Computer Misuse Act, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Start Menu MRU changes not saving
    ... >> on this laptop. ... I'm doing that goes away every time I boot. ... > That is because when you added your new account and didn't select/use ... >> Make sense about the first time booters - and it even mentioned it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Which local user accounts?
    ... Tim ... > Set up the laptop for the domain. ... > Now do what Susan suggested and create a local account for her on the ... > assuming you have 2 NICs in your SBS so the router is outside your SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)