Re: error unable to change parental controls

thank you so much for trying!

"t-4-2" wrote:

Sorry, I can't help you further.

t-4-2

"jan family" <janfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Been there, done that. I set up a new account under administrator, tried
put on parental controls, nothing doing!

"t-4-2" wrote:

Ok, I don't have enough knowledge to envision why you cannot set parental
control over one particular account.
I am going to show you how to enable the Built-in Administrator account.
After that, log on to that account and see if you are able to set the
control.
Start button > search box, enter cmd > look up, see cmd at the top ?
Right
click on cmd > click Run as administrator > Continue >
You are now in a CMD window.
Type net user administrator /active:yes ( note : there are space
between
words, and there are NO space between words. Follow them )
Press Enter key.
If you enter correctly, the screen will tell you the command is
successful.
Close the window.
Log off.
You should see an Administrator account next to yours and others.
Log on to it.
NOTE : When you are done, make sure you set up a password for that
account
and keep it secret, because this admin is all powerful. It does not need
permission to do anything. ....... OR,
You can disable it afterwards : net user administrator /active:no >
Enter
Good luck.
t-4-2

"jan family" <janfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

no, she has a standard account.
"t-4-2" wrote:

It may sound foolish, but did you set her account as administrator
also ?
You can not impose parental control over an admin account.
t-4-2

"jan family" <janfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've done that. Saved her data, deleted her account, created a new
one,
and
it will not allow me to set up parental controls on that one.

"t-4-2" wrote:

You did say you were the administrator.
My question is, are you NOW ? Try to go to user account and change
password. Does the system allow you to ?
If yes, remove your daughter's account. Read the " fine prints ".
You
can
save her data to the desktop ( EXCEPT e-mail messages ) before
account
removed.
Re-create an account for her with the parental control.
t-4-2

"jan family" <janfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I know where to go for the user accounts under control panel. I
could
not
find what the previous post suggested about going into safe mode,
right
clicking my computer, etc. Under control panel and user accounts
continue
to get the error about unable to make changes to parental
controls.

"Bill Daggett" wrote:

jan family <janfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could not find user accounts after going into manage. Is my
computer
the
same thing as computer under the start button?

You need to go into Control Panel... you'll find what you need
right
there.

"alexdagr8est" wrote:

go into safe mode, right click my computer>manage>user
accounts>
there's
more advanced options in there to disable parental controls
for
user
account profiles.

--
alexdagr8est

If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepics/sigpic88399_1.gif]

  • Re: Parental controls doesnt allow for this game to run
    ... I'm afraid that if you are logged into an administrator account, ... I'm not sure why Parental Controls would be active anyway. ... If I start the .exe of the game normal it says Parental ...
  • Re: Parental controls doesnt allow for this game to run
    ... create a new administrator account to see if it gives you ... my problem as it made sense, my parental controls was set to manual, I ... If I start the .exe of the game normal it says Parental ...
  • Re: Unable to make changes to parental controls
    ... I am the admin on the computer with a protected password. ... changes to parental controls settings. ... please check your own account. ... to show you how to enable the Real Built-in Administrator, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Parental controls suddenly blocking all internet access
    ... if the parental controls are waiting for an answer from the rating server. ... but web browsing in explorer is broken. ... admin account and a standard account without Parental Controls work fine. ... it loses access to ALL internet pages (even though parental controls settings ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: error unable to change parental controls
    ... You can not impose parental control over an admin account. ... Under control panel and user accounts I ... > to get the error about unable to make changes to parental controls. ...