RE: Antivirus Location

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

Are you had have any Symantec "Norton" products running on
your machine? or McAfee?
-=-
Nothing installed. The Norton trial period has ended, and I have uninstalled.

"jmss36" wrote:

Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
located in default?

  • RE: Antivirus Location
    ... "jmss36" wrote: ... claiming another antivirus is installed. ... Yet, Vista does not ...
  • Re: Office 2007 Overall Problem
    ... a message on the bottom lefthand bar saying that it was scanning for viruses. ... I took your hint and started looking at my Antivirus software. ... especially with Vista. ... This is true for Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Mail stuck in outbox but all recommendations on here have not work
    ... Do you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed? ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem, ... You are not addressing Microsoft here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Again cant receive mail via outlook & more..
    ... I've been running Vista since November 2006, ... with Vista. ... interference from a non-compatible antivirus program. ... If turning off your antivirus email scanning function does not resolve ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Do I Really Need an Antivirus Program?
    ... My machine has been permanently connected to the Internet, 27/7/365 for four years without antivirus software of any kind. ... I've left the Vista security features in their default modes, ... I'm connected via a standard off-the-shelf ADSL router with NAS and the usual firewall features. ...