RE: Antivirus Location

"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

Are you had have any Symantec "Norton" products running on
your machine? or McAfee?
Nothing installed. The Norton trial period has ended, and I have uninstalled.

"jmss36" wrote:

Recently accuired Vista x64. To install AVG Free version. Installation
failed, claiming another antivirus is installed. Yet, Vista does not
recognize a virus scanner installed in Control Panel performance scan. Where
located in default?

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Antivirus Location
    ... "jmss36" wrote: ... claiming another antivirus is installed. ... Yet, Vista does not ...
  • Re: Office 2007 Overall Problem
    ... a message on the bottom lefthand bar saying that it was scanning for viruses. ... I took your hint and started looking at my Antivirus software. ... especially with Vista. ... This is true for Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. ...
  • Re: Mail stuck in outbox but all recommendations on here have not work
    ... Do you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed? ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem, ... You are not addressing Microsoft here. ...
  • Re: Again cant receive mail via outlook & more..
    ... I've been running Vista since November 2006, ... with Vista. ... interference from a non-compatible antivirus program. ... If turning off your antivirus email scanning function does not resolve ...
  • Re: Do I Really Need an Antivirus Program?
    ... My machine has been permanently connected to the Internet, 27/7/365 for four years without antivirus software of any kind. ... I've left the Vista security features in their default modes, ... I'm connected via a standard off-the-shelf ADSL router with NAS and the usual firewall features. ...