view all folders/files

I turned off User Account Control but in Explorer I still can't open Documents and Settings and a number of other folders.

How can I configure Vista so that I can view any folder/file I want , as I could in XP ?

  • Re: Hard Drive Space Disappeared
    ... I am not sure whether you are seeing all files and folders. ... It is likely that an allocation of 12% has been made to System Restore ... Place the cursor on your C drive select Settings but this ... Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: By-pass Vista file restrictions.
    ... "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. ... Vista uses a different file structure than XP does/did. ... redirect the programs to use the equivalent Vista folders. ...
  • Re: Documents & Setting permissions?
    ... Vista uses a different file structure than XP does/did. ... Settings", etc. are not folders in Vista. ...
  • Re: view all folders/files
    ... "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. ... Vista uses a different file structure than XP does/did. ... redirect the programs to use the equivalent Vista folders. ...
  • Re: User Management Question
    ... I have primarily used the "Admin" login for my general computing - ... > and my "Bob" account for administration purposes. ... > much time customizing the software, documents and settings in my "Admin" ... > folders in the folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)