Re: Windows Defender Icon Not Appearing In System Tray

RainSong;1093471 Wrote:
Hi.

Yes, I have selected the 'Always' button for the Windows Defender icon
appear in the notification area. :o)

OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Internet Browser: IE8.0.6001.18783
Windows Defender Version: 1.1.1600.0
Engine Version: 1.1.4803.0
Definition Version: 1.61.1700.0
Internet Security Suite: ZoneAlarm 8.0.400.020

This icon actually disappeared a long time ago and I'm only now doing
something about it. I think Windows Defender actually initiates and
runs in
the background upon boot-up (I could be wrong here) but the icon
doesn't
appear in the system tray and MSASCui.exe doesn't appear in the
processes tab
unless I manually start Windows Defender after each reboot.

All assistance in getting the Windows Defender icon to always appear in
the
system tray after each reboot will be greatly appreciated.

My thanks in advance.

--
RainSong
Hi. I was messing around with MSCONFIG trying to figure out why my

--
clarcknt2
.