Re: User Account Control

Tom,

That is the usual way folks turn off UAC, but you might consider using
the Norton UAC Tool instead. This way you can leave UAC turned on and
add UAC program exceptions to not receive UAC notices for those
programs.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=labs_uac&header=0&depthpath=0

If you didn't want to use the Norton UAC Tool, then you could also
disable the specific UAC Security Warning notice instead of all of them.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/163857-security-center-specific-alert-notification.html

ColTom2;1097268 Wrote:
Hi:

Thanks for all the info on how to turn of UAC and not have it displayed
in
the Taskbar.

I have one other comment in regards to this procedure and that is this
considered a normal process within Vista? I know the consequences of
turning
off the Security Alert, but is this a procedure that most Vista users
do
nowadays do to stop the annoyance of the pop up screen?

As you can see I am not an experienced Vista user.

Thanks,

ColTom2

--
Brink