Re: Windows Security Alert

C and A Bredt wrote:
Using Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer 7. When on the internet, I'm getting a popup titled "Windows Security Alert." It says my computer is infected with:

Admess.trojan
zserv.Transponder.Trojan
and others.

It wants me to download a remover from promalwarescannerv2.com.

I'm running McAfee Total Protection, but when I do a system scan it says all is OK.

I did a system restore, but it comes back later.
What's going on? CB

It's a scam/hoax. They either want you to download a virus/trojan/malware or they want you to pay for a worthless program 9and steal your identity).

Ignore it... You may want to turn off the Windows Messenger service....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

  • Re: pop up box
    ... > I also cannot access defrag, system restore and other ... It contains advice ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: SYSTEM RESTORE - NEW to Windows XP
    ... here's a list of file types System Restore monitors. ... > System Restore is a component of Windows XP Professional ... > data files (such as Microsoft Word documents, ... It doesn't backup anything you download, save, etc. ...
  • Re: Cant run system restore
    ... I TURNED OFF the System Restore, even though I lost my former restore ... Old applications you don't need taking up ... > What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Registry
    ... I will tell you how to clean the rest of your system.. ... point out that you should use the System Restore to your advantage.. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Pixelsrvr.exe wont load on bootup
    ... Sounds like you got yourself a virus,. ... Adds the following line to the [windows] section of the Win.ini file: ... antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus ... Disabling System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)