Re: Windows Security Alert

Justin wrote:
C and A Bredt wrote:
Using Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer 7. When on the internet, I'm getting a popup titled "Windows Security Alert." It says my computer is infected with:

Admess.trojan
zserv.Transponder.Trojan
and others.

It wants me to download a remover from promalwarescannerv2.com.

I'm running McAfee Total Protection, but when I do a system scan it says all is OK.

I did a system restore, but it comes back later.
What's going on? CB

Turn off Windows Restore, scan.
If that doesn't work - reformat.

Huh?????? That's nuts!!!! The OP almost certainly doesn't have a virus. Your recommendation is somewhat like removing the head to stop a headache... :-(

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold