Re: Windows Security Alert

Justin wrote:
C and A Bredt wrote:
Using Vista Home Premium and Internet Explorer 7. When on the internet, I'm getting a popup titled "Windows Security Alert." It says my computer is infected with:

Admess.trojan
zserv.Transponder.Trojan
and others.

It wants me to download a remover from promalwarescannerv2.com.

I'm running McAfee Total Protection, but when I do a system scan it says all is OK.

I did a system restore, but it comes back later.
What's going on? CB

Turn off Windows Restore, scan.
If that doesn't work - reformat.

Huh?????? That's nuts!!!! The OP almost certainly doesn't have a virus. Your recommendation is somewhat like removing the head to stop a headache... :-(

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

  • Re: Lsass.exe System error XP Home SP2
    ... this PC has never been connected to the internet. ... > Disk, USB Flash drive, etc) disconnect the affected PC from the Internet and install the ... > 1) Download the TrendMicro Sysclean Front End ... > 8) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: im in virus hell
    ... (e.g., "c:\New Folder") ... Download sysclean.com and place it in that directory. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ... | exactly but when I try to get on the internet through IE ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Loss of internet explorer functionality
    ... Try system Restore to an earlier date before this issue happened. ... Also you can download the Processor Explorer and see the bad one and post ... Cant get the Internet properties up to do all that you ... regsvr32 Sccbase.dll ...
  • RE: redirected from an MSN link
    ... the machine will not connect to the internet. ... System restore will not work in either safe or normal mode. ... Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option: ... Try Spybot S&D after as it will need to download the definitions and it will ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: svchost Going Crazy !
    ... Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache ... Trend Sysclean Package ... Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. ... Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, ...