Re: Drive - Hide

Instead of messing about with the registry, why not just change the security options so users other than you can't read the drive. Right-click -> Properties -> Security. Deny the other users.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

"awargi" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:a673c6318cf683444dc915bd5baa845c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thnx alot that worked.

but using the method u made the thread on, it does not hide the drive
from all users.

so if i hide from my user my account, others using another user account
can still see the drive.
so wat can be the solution to this.???

thnx alot.

Brink;1084625 Wrote:
Hello Awargi,

The reg file in the ZIP download below will restore this default
Explorer key and entries back to your registry. After you have extracted
the reg file from the ZIP, just double click on it to merge and approve.

Click to download: 14046

Hope this helps,
Shawn

> awargi;1084255 Wrote:
> well basically ive got a problem,
>
> this problem is from this forum
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/155795-drive-hide-unhide.html
> (i guess this thread is old so i thought i wont get any replies so i
> made this new thread)
>

> it said that we should go to
> *HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer*
>
> but mine only goes to
>

> *HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies*
> the "*Explorer" *please help me, and tell me wat to do???
>
> ive attched a screenshot so u can see my problem:::
> :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
>

> :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:> > >

--
awargi

  • Re: Two Problems
    ... Just download startmenuhelp.reg and double click startmenuhelp.reg. ... Restore Help and Support Service ... > I pasted the text of the Reg file into a txt file and named it ... The specified file is not a registry script. ...
  • Re: The Case of the Disappearing Default Programs (long)
    ... Unfortunately when I downloaded them using Firefox they got changed to ... much help so I had to use IE7 to download them. ... rightly FF was telling you that a .reg file can be a powerful thing and FF ... I wouldn't have cared if the files to be merged had screwed up the registry ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Resolution for winxp quick launch problem?
    ... Here's one that's worth a try: ... Simply download the REG file to your Desktop then double-click on it to merge it ... into your Registry. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Toolbar still doesnt work....................
    ... Simply download the REG file to your Desktop then double-click on it to merge it ... into your Registry. ... WHEN I CLICK ON THE QUICK LAUNCH, I AM STILL GETTING CANNOT CREATE TOOLBAR. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Vista update KB938371 fails to install. error code 80073715
    ... The "reg delete" statement returned the message "specified registry entry not found" or words to that effect. ... After rebooting, I tried again to install KB 938371, once through Windows update and once through running the downloaded installer package. ... Then the download appears to be failing, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)