Re: Windows Defender won't start automatically

Barry L. Wallis wrote:

MowGreen wrote:

Windows Defender is supposed to *NOT* run on startup when NIS is installed as NIS contains it's own spyware protection. You should not be scanning the system with WD when NIS is installed.

If you want WD to run on boot and to scan the system then uninstall NIS.
Issue resolved.
Capiche, Barry ?

Understood. Thanks. I do like using it to control which programs run on startup (or more accurately, which are prohibited from running on startup), though.

Use AutoRuns to control the startup axis, Barry:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

  • Re: Windows Defender wont start automatically
    ... You should not be scanning the system with WD when NIS is installed. ... Capiche, Barry? ... I do like using it to control which programs run on startup, though. ...
  • Re: Windows Defender wont start automatically
    ... installed as NIS contains it's own spyware protection. ... You should not be scanning the system with WD when NIS is installed. ... I do like using it to control which programs run on startup, though. ...
  • Re: Windows Defender wont start automatically
    ... installed as NIS contains it's own spyware protection. ... You should not be scanning the system with WD when NIS is installed. ... I do like using it to control which programs run on startup, though. ...
  • Re: Squeeze: sometimes, bind times out (backgrounded) at boot time
    ... have differences in the parallel boot timings. ... Or nis starting up may be similar. ... At the last point in the /etc/init.d/nis startup ... script add a short sleep. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: google and dell
    ... You may even have got used to how awful NIS is. ... but at work we have a virus program scanning all ... viruses then you'd soon be noticed. ... impact on machines with 512, but not much, it makes 256mb machines pretty ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)