Re: Destination folder access denied

Greg Hudson;1078745 Wrote:
alt1231;1078587 Wrote:
How do i set my security so i can access all my files and registry
keys?I dont want to have to do it one by one> >

Use the TAKEOWN command as mentioned in previous msgs (above).
Follow the step by step instructions TO THE LETTER or it won't work.

Regards, Greg.
I emailed Windows Onecare and expalined the problem. They sent me
step-by-step instructions to change the TAKEOWN to everyone. By the
way, after I erased the HDD I tried using it to do backup and found it
was not full. I suppose it just needed manual deletion of old files.

--
lepayton

  • Re: How To Fix Windows Update [BITS/AU] {Newly Edited}
    ... the Zip file with the Registry fixes on this N.G., ... anyone could subsequently download it. ... lengthy instructions are all located at the above link.] ... free account, go to: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Registry
    ... Knowing how to edit the registry isn't going to clean up your computer. ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do ... all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Word 2007 trial version on Vista big problems
    ... registry as it gives no instructions for Word 2007. ... "Terry Farrell" wrote: ... Fault Module Version: 12.0.6213.1000 ...
  • Re: Hard Drive still recognized as 137gb, and not 160gb.
    ... instructing me to edit registry keys that aren't ... > tried installing the Service Pack 1 which I didn't have ... If your BIOS recognizes the whole drive and you have SP1 installed you still ... some instructions to walk you through the trivial change needed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CHKDSK wont finish, XP wont start
    ... that is why I gave you a link to instructions on how to do it when you can't boot Windows. ... If you don't want to do it that way then you will have to boot the computer with a Bart PE disk or a UBCD4Win disk and have a registry plugin onboard to edit the registry. ... There is no other way to remove the BootExecute instructions from the registry and to cancel Chkdsk on boot... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)