Re: Why am I suddenly getting the Windows Security Alert

Yes, try it as Run as Administrator.

"Nikilet" <Nikilet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B2FB776F-83E7-4C1D-98F0-F788C0130167@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maybe I'm not understanding. I went to Start, then Run and pasted in the SFC
/SCANNOW, a black box flashed for a second and then nothing at all happened.
I'm wondering if I'm supposed to use that cmd box for this?

"Badger" wrote:

OK, Nikilet,

Go to your Start-Run line and type SFC /SCANNOW

This may take a while since it checks all the system files.

This will repair or replace any corrupt or missing files.

Then reboot again.

.