Re: WD error code: 0x800106ba

Craigyyuna wrote:

Very simple solution:

"Run"
"Services.msc"
Scroll down to "Windows Defender"
Right click it and select "Properties"
In the first tab, change its Start-up Type to "Automatic"

You're all done =D

You're done IF malware isn't the cause of WD being disabled.
You're just beginning if it is ... whomever you're referring to.

MowGreen
==============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

  • Erratic movements everywhere after 10 minutes
    ... I can scroll down wtih the side scroll bar. ... the pin menu to the shutdown. ... I am now running Windows defender in the background. ... I use AVG virus protection, but trendmicro and safety live found no viruses. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Erratic movements everywhere after 10 minutes
    ... I can scroll down wtih ... there is erratic flashing from the pin menu to the shutdown. ... and windows defender and it seems to go away. ... I use AVG virus protection, but trendmicro and safety live found no ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: receiving error message 0x800106ba for windows defender
    ... "Christine Williams" wrote: ... Scroll to Windows Defender and it will say Manual ... Reboot and the message is gone from both of my computers..... ...
  • Re: How to turn off or suspend Windows Defender?
    ... At the top, click on Tools, then Options, then scroll down to the *Use real-time ... Open Windows Defender by clicking Start, clicking Programs, and then clicking ... Under Real-time protection options, ... we recommend that you select all real-time protection options. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Defender
    ... Scroll down the list of services to Windows Defender and click on it, then on the link at left to start or restart the service. ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ...