Re: Which Internet Security Suite to get included with new computer?

Milo;1054024 Wrote:
Are we advocating sales here? Nice marketing plug.......

"A marketing plug" that says trend Micro is deficient in malware
detection?, give me a break. Articles that attest to the failure of it
in LAB testing? Perhaps we have different ideas of a marketing plug. I
have also been a person who researches, and then backs up with
documentation/test results an answer to a question.

It is simply that trend Micro, while it has been improving in recent
Lab tests, Is still deficient, and as the OP inquired about the choice,
I would say Its a bad Idea-at least if you want to keep malware,
corruption and the like off your new PC.

For those who are interested, the best Certification Labs for AV
products are:

AV-Comparatives
VB100
EastCoast Labs
ICSA Labs

--
rive0108

  • Re: Which Internet Security Suite to get included with new computer?
    ... No Lab certification from either AV-Comparatives, ... Trend Micro failed the last ... Identifying malware before it can attack your PC. ...
  • Re: Which Internet Security Suite to get included with new computer?
    ... Are you sure of EastCoast Lab? ... because I did check out the report and see that not all Trend Micro product is as what you say referencing the actual testing company reports so maybe you may need to be specific ... It is simply that trend Micro, while it has been improving in recent ...
  • Re: Antivirus
    ... You would have to look at their web site. ... would play with that in the lab. ... > Does Trend Micro Got a trial version? ...