Re: When Administrator is not administrator?

Jan M. Nelken wrote:
I am running Vista Business 64-bit.

For some strange reasons I cannot add anything to System DSN tag in ODBC Administrator.

I am getting "You are not logged on as administator" popup. Needless to say - I *am* logged on as member of Administrators group and I am running Data Sources (ODBC) from elevated command window and/or "Run As Administrator".

I even logged on as "Administrator" - with the same result.

Seems to me that something is wrong with my registry somewhere (most precise diagnosis I can come up with ...).

Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling Vista?

Jan M. Nelken

Any thoughts?
Anybody?

Jan M. Nelken

  • Re: When Administrator is not administrator?
    ... For some strange reasons I cannot add anything to System DSN tag in ODBC Administrator. ... I am getting "You are not logged on as administator" popup. ... The ODBC Administrator may not be compatible with Windows Vista 64. ...
  • When Administrator is not administrator?
    ... I am running Vista Business 64-bit. ... For some strange reasons I cannot add anything to System DSN tag in ODBC Administrator. ... Needless to say - I *am* logged on as member of Administrators group and I am running Data Sources from elevated command window and/or "Run As Administrator". ...