RE: How do you remove Trojan Virus? My McAfee program can't seem to ge

Try using NOD32 4 (use sysispector to run self diagnostic), kaspersky,
or Norton. Depending on what version of Mcafee you are using, (only
Mcaffee with Artemis is 3-star certified, regular Mcafee is not very
good at detecting malware.

Personally I would remove mcafee, install NOD32 Antivirus/Antispyware,
update it, scan, then run an online scan with kaspersky (to verifiy),
then run Malwarebytes [good for polymorphic malware], and lastly a full
scan (not default quick scan) with Defender- also check the boxs for
notification of software that creates system changes under
Tools>Options: (this will notify you in the event malware tries to make
changes (i.e., new run executables), and allow you to prevent it from
running.

*Software not yet classified for risks*
*Changes made to your computer by software allowed to run*

NOD32 was the only Product to recieve 3-star certification in both
Hueristic/proactive (new threats that have no definitions), and
On-demand scanning [Nov 2008, Feb 2009]

Eset 'NOD32 4.0' (http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download.php)
free standalone self Diagnostic: '_SysInspector_'
(http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php)
'Malwarebytes' (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Online scanner/cleaner
'_Kaspersky_Virus_Scanner_' (http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner)

::*ESET NOD32 Lab Certifications*::

[image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12654d1241723914-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-checkmark-20logo-20trojan.jpg][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12655d1241724500-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-checkmark-20logo-20spyware.jpg][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12656d1241724500-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-checkmark-20logo-20av-1.jpg][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12657d1241724500-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-checkmark-20logo-20av-2a.jpg][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12661d1241724654-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-antivirusclr100x153.gif][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12658d1241724500-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-vb08.jpg][image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/12659d1241724536-whats-best-antivirus-security-suite-av_comp_logo.jpg]

Recent AV- Comparative Testing
note Mcafee tested is with Artemis

[image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/11680d1239305029-vista-sp1-antivirus-performance-capture7.gif]

[image:
http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/system-security/11138d1237991956-vista-sp1-antivirus-performance-capture5.gif]

--
rive0108

'::_-Win_$500_With_Vista_Forums-_::'
(http://www.vistax64.com/competitions/224367-win-500-free-copy-vista-business-oem-coa-product-key.html)::_-_Click_here_for_more_info-_::

  • Re: Help please! Stop Error
    ... that malware can still be present? ... There just has to be a GOOD spyware detection and repair program that can ... It appears I have no active viruses because ALL virus scans complete ... downloaded and installed the McAfee Security Suite. ...
  • Re: CPU Pegged at 100%
    ... Ran Malwarebytes in Safe Mode with McAfee off. ... Found no malware at all on ... and the CPU goes to 100% for several seconds. ... Even when a programme with a memory leak is ...
  • Re: Help please! Stop Error
    ... the drivers and who claims ... Malware can easily infect files which leaving the ... There just has to be a GOOD spyware detection and repair program that can ... running out, I went with McAfee. ...
  • Re: Help please! Stop Error
    ... It appears I have no active viruses because ALL virus scans complete with nothing detected. ... I just can't clean up adware, malware or spyware.....something is interfering with those scans and/or something is seriously corrupted in the registry. ... downloaded and installed the McAfee Security Suite. ... background or download the HijhackThis and send the report to one of many ...
  • Re: Im probably safe but can someone explain what Ive just seen?
    ... possibility you did get a non-viral malware infection. ... > The following is the log file from McAfee... ... > Everytime I access that web site, ... > This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)