Re: What is Core Nerworking

Thanks,
James

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OWgmtx8yJHA.1712@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The OP can use 'Windows firewall with advanced security' and check 'name' field for those items beginning with 'Core Networking'.

And if you uncheck it then most network stuff will not work.

Michael

"Michael D. Ober" <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam.> wrote in message news:_YGdnTyBB5uYi2DUnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Malke,

Your response is useless. I clicked your link and found multiple hits on "Core Networking". OP was asking - what does MS consider to be core networking. Different OS's have a different answer. So to rephrase the question, what services does MS consider to be core networking. The Google query response leads to various blogs and wiki pages, none of which provides a succinct answer.

Mike Ober.

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:exM7avxyJHA.480@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JamesJ wrote:

In Windows Firewall Settings Exceptions tab, what is Core Networking. And
if I uncheck it
will it have an adverse effect on my internet or email.

Google Is Your Friend:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=what+is+Core+Networking&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=what+is+Core+Networking&fp=OlAWEoQSgPM

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: For the AdaOS folks
    ... fattens the core somewhat, perhaps not to the extent that other ... user land OS modules that neeed the networking, ... > chaotic files or registry. ... This is a different problem (complexity). ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: [GIT]: Networking
    ... when I compare the size and frequency of changes, the networking pulls ... I say "core" kernel changes, because things are usually worse for the ... So it's not that networking is especially bad on an absolute scale in this ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: What is Core Nerworking
    ... The OP can use 'Windows firewall with advanced security' and check 'name' field for those items beginning with 'Core Networking'. ... And if you uncheck it then most network stuff will not work. ... The Google query response leads to various blogs and wiki pages, none of which provides a succinct answer. ...
  • Re: 2.6.17-mm6
    ... networking; ... I wonder if it wouldn't be better to migrate ieee1394 core away from ... skb_*. ... the queue-length information. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: disable file and print sharing
    ... In the properties of your network connectoid (itself ... uncheck these two for MS Networking and for File ... Or do I even have to worry about ... no networking. ...