Re: What is Core Nerworking

Thanks,
James

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OWgmtx8yJHA.1712@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The OP can use 'Windows firewall with advanced security' and check 'name' field for those items beginning with 'Core Networking'.

And if you uncheck it then most network stuff will not work.

Michael

"Michael D. Ober" <obermd.@.alum.mit.edu.nospam.> wrote in message news:_YGdnTyBB5uYi2DUnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Malke,

Your response is useless. I clicked your link and found multiple hits on "Core Networking". OP was asking - what does MS consider to be core networking. Different OS's have a different answer. So to rephrase the question, what services does MS consider to be core networking. The Google query response leads to various blogs and wiki pages, none of which provides a succinct answer.

Mike Ober.

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:exM7avxyJHA.480@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JamesJ wrote:

In Windows Firewall Settings Exceptions tab, what is Core Networking. And
if I uncheck it
will it have an adverse effect on my internet or email.

Google Is Your Friend:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=what+is+Core+Networking&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=what+is+Core+Networking&fp=OlAWEoQSgPM

Malke
--