Re: VISTA - IE7 SECURITY CERTIFICATE ERROR

The same thing has happened to me after Microsoft sent Windows Defender
updates on March 17th. Mine is more complex. Windows defender
disappeared and I cannot download it again from Microsoft since the
computer will not validate any certificates, even from the Microsoft
site. (I have a legitmate version of Vista Home Premium) Norton techs
remotely verified that I do not have a virus (although the symptoms are
similar to conficker). I can't download ANY software and many websites
(AA.com, Microsoft.com, etc all now have certificate error). Although I
can still enter the sites, I cannot use anything that requires form data
(JAVA, etc) since it bombs and I see scripts in the window instead. I'm
going to download either Firefox or Google Chrome to see if the IE7
issue might be causing this. However, I think the underlying issue is
related to Windows Defender problems and the IE7 issues are due to the
Windows Defender updates failing. Help!

--
jimcoufal
jimcoufal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91320.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Newest updates causing me a lot of problems
    ... Microsoft has been sending and which I downloaded and installed in my pc. ... When I've downloaded the last 3 updates, each time my pc had very serious to ... A removal tool specifically for the Look2Me parasite. ... The url's and directions for how to download and run all of these programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Newest updates causing me a lot of problems
    ... Microsoft has been sending and which I downloaded and installed in my pc. ... When I've downloaded the last 3 updates, each time my pc had very serious to ... A removal tool specifically for the Look2Me parasite. ... The url's and directions for how to download and run all of these programs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Ooops!
    ... am, but rather to a Microsoft Updates page - or so I believed, as I had ... Where/how can I view my genuine Microsoft download history? ... Curious as to what I'm missing or whether you're misdirecting. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Second Post, Why startup error message?
    ... the WGANotification program by Microsoft has been charged with being ... WGA alone is not a problem (unless you have a conterfiet copy of Windows). ... Many downloads now put something or another inthere for updates, ... Thirdly, go to microsoft.com and download and install "defender", ...
  • Re: "Phishing" or Genuine MS Update??
    ... follow my suggestion. ... and what programmes are installed on it - and also tell you which MS Updates ... am, but rather to a Microsoft Updates page - or so I believed, as I had ... Where/how can I view my genuine Microsoft download history? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)