Re: windows can't check for updates

The system can not update because it is still infected. Strongly suggest that you seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum:

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

dethklok123 wrote:

Ok so I know this is a common problem, but I've spent a week searching
on the web to fix this and nothing is working. I am running Windows
Vista Home Premium, and it can't check for updates, nor can Windows
Defender update. To add to that, update.microsoft.com redirects me to
google, and if I try to download any other things from Microsoft, it
says "failed to connect".

The part I find strange is that it is only Microsoft that seems to be
blocked. I was able to install other virus software, such as Avast, and
Ad-Aware, and my Norton 360 was able to update. Now, I scanned
thoroughly with all these programs, and I even scanned with Microsoft
OneCare, which was able to run surprisingly, and OneCare found 2
Trojans, but my 3 other virus programs found absolutely nothing on my
system.

If anyone can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I
just want to find out why I can't update my Windows stuff.

Thanks for the help

  • Re: What anti-malware software are YOU using?
    ... Use Windows Defender and Onecare. ... They are the best and from Microsoft. ... This is a Microsoft Live OneCare forum, not your personal advertising one. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What anti-malware software are YOU using?
    ... Use Windows Defender and Onecare. ... They are the best and from Microsoft. ... This is a Microsoft Live OneCare forum, not your personal advertising one. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: What anti-malware software are YOU using?
    ... Use Windows Defender and Onecare. ... They are the best and from Microsoft. ... This is a Microsoft Live OneCare forum, not your personal advertising one. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • windows cant check for updates
    ... Ok so I know this is a common problem, but I've spent a week searching ... Vista Home Premium, and it can't check for updates, nor can Windows ... The part I find strange is that it is only Microsoft that seems to be ... OneCare, which was able to run surprisingly, and OneCare found 2 ...
  • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #176
    ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... Microsoft Windows XP HCP URI Handler Arbitrary Command Execu... ... PHPNuke Category Parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability ... Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer Vulnerability Identific... ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)