Re: Windows Firewall Question

Not so much today, but in the past some nntp servers only propagated
(pulled) posts once a day. This is not like a chat room where nearly
instantaneous communication can be expected.

http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_NNTPInterServerCommunicationProcessNewsArticleProp-2.htm

If you use a web to usenet gateway, additional delays can be affecting
you too.

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nearly 2 hours latyer I still don't see first post here.

"Mike Torello" <torellom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm using a 3rd party firewall program. In Administrative
Tools---Services
it shows Windows Firewall status as Started. But, in Security Center
it
shows my 3rd
party firewall being On but Windows Firewall being. Off.
Why would one show Windows Firewall as Started and another show it as
Off???

James

You can stop now. Wait for an answer to either this thread or the
other one you started less than an hour earlier.

.