Re: Windows Firewall Question

Not so much today, but in the past some nntp servers only propagated
(pulled) posts once a day. This is not like a chat room where nearly
instantaneous communication can be expected.

http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_NNTPInterServerCommunicationProcessNewsArticleProp-2.htm

If you use a web to usenet gateway, additional delays can be affecting
you too.

"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nearly 2 hours latyer I still don't see first post here.

"Mike Torello" <torellom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"JamesJ" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm using a 3rd party firewall program. In Administrative
Tools---Services
it shows Windows Firewall status as Started. But, in Security Center
it
shows my 3rd
party firewall being On but Windows Firewall being. Off.
Why would one show Windows Firewall as Started and another show it as
Off???

James

You can stop now. Wait for an answer to either this thread or the
other one you started less than an hour earlier.

  • Re: program exceptions in GPO for firewall
    ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so ... Allow loca program exceptions. ... |> XP Service Pack 2 to configure the Windows Firewall related settings. ...
  • Re: Pan for Windows
    ... Pan works fine and posts to newsgroups from Windows. ... Via the icon in the Systray? ... I've steered clear of SP2 and the Windows firewall is off. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Pan for Windows
    ... Pan works fine and posts to newsgroups from Windows. ... Via the icon in the Systray? ... I've steered clear of SP2 and the Windows firewall is off. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Pan for Windows
    ... Pan works fine and posts to newsgroups from Windows. ... I've steered clear of SP2 and the Windows firewall is off. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Losing Network Connection
    ... >>I do see the other posts, makes one wonder just what the heck is causing it. ... one tweak to Zone Alarm that cured the sympton, at least for a day anyway. ... If the connection does't die again, I'll add windows firewall ...