- From: "t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:02:36 -0400
I am afraid what Victek and Mike Hall had said this time could not apply to my situation.
Prior to scanning with SuperAntiSpyware, I had done:
1. CCleaner ( I had 4 restore points only 1 day ago ).
2. Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2
3. Avast scan
In that order. SuperAntiSpyware took 4hrs. and 22 min. That's too much.
I'd like to have a free edition for malware protection. Any suggestions ? Thank you.
"Victek" <Victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1E562471-F4E5-4466-A21A-FE3EF0F24D27@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.Vista Home Premium 32 bit , SP1.
I have SUPERAntiSpyware, free edition. It takes Forever scanning.
Is there an alternative I can have ?
I also have Avast free edition. Will it do without SuperAntiSpy ? Thank you.
What slows spyware scanning down is the presence of Temporary Internet Files. Use Disk Cleanup to eliminate them first or use SpyBot S&D 1.6.2 which gives you the option to clear them out before it starts to scan..
Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
In addition you can run Disk Cleanup to get rid of temp files, old System Restore points and Shadow Copies. That will further reduce scan times.
- Prev by Date: Re: Windows Firewall Question
- Next by Date: Re: Spyware
- Previous by thread: Re: Spyware
- Next by thread: Re: Spyware