Re: Spyware

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vista Home Premium 32 bit , SP1.
I have SUPERAntiSpyware, free edition. It takes Forever scanning.
Is there an alternative I can have ?

Malwarebytes, for one.

I also have Avast free edition. Will it do without SuperAntiSpy ? Thank you.
t-4-2

The two have completely different purposes. Avast is for virus
protection, SuperAntiSpy is for malware protection.

  • Re: win32Rootkit-gen
    ... MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware found nothing. ... scan from Avast also found it, but I did not attempt a repair because ... it is a Windows file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: win32Rootkit-gen
    ... This afternoon Avast told me it had detected Win32Rootkit-gen in ... MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware found nothing. ... Windows file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: win32Rootkit-gen
    ... MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware found nothing. ... scan from Avast also found it, but I did not attempt a repair because ... it is a Windows file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Spyware
    ... Prior to scanning with SuperAntiSpyware, ... Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6.2 ... I'd like to have a free edition for malware protection. ... Dump Avast and use Avira 9 - it includes real-time malware protection ...
  • Re: Task Manager will not open
    ... I ran Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Avast! ... I then turned off system restore and ran them again in safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)