Re: Windows Defender automatically keeps turning off...

Cuzz wrote:
It keeps automatically turning off unexpectedly, I am using Windows Vista Home Basic, I also have Windows Live Onecare, it keeps doing this for some reason and when I try to do full scan in Defender, I get an error. The problem just occured this morning...help

From what I understand, malware can target Defender and disable it on Vista.

  • Re: When Automatic Updates can be harmful
    ... The reason for AV being excluded is what definitions do. ... They (defs) are simply additional signatures to catch the latest ... Acronis True Image setup with a incremental personal backup ... I wouldn't dream of updating/upgrading it with defender though. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The most unethical habit
    ... rearranging occasionally for no reason, whether as declarer or as defender. ... I have been told by some people (not law experts or TD's) that this ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Windows Defender automatically keeps turning off...
    ... Home Basic, I also have Windows Live Onecare, it keeps doing this for ... reason and when I try to do full scan in Defender, ... Tom ...
  • Re: The most unethical habit
    ... rearranging occasionally for no reason, whether as declarer or as ... defender. ... I have been told by some people (not law experts or TD's) that ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: you have a security problem popup
    ... are using Windows Live OneCare, it will turn off Windows Defender and also ... I use ClamWin for antivirus which VISTA can't see; ... Defender does this when it finds itself disabled for any reason ...