Re: Windows Update KB958960 error 80071AA7

Mike <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Window's update can not install KB958690. I have not found anything
regarding how to get the update to install. I get the screen showing stage 3
of 3 at 0% and then it says it is reverting changes and the update failed.

Any advise would be great.

Windows Vista x64
Norton 360

Disable Norton 360 and try again.

  • Re: program installation
    ... I'm guessing I should disable Norton and turn off my DSL modem for the time it takes to install the new program. ... Usually one can install programs without doing either. ... But I doubt you'll have any issues as long as your login has sufficient rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: WWW Service Always "Starting"
    ... If I disable Norton ... Internet Security at startup, the WWW Service will start normally. ... I can complete an IIS only install, ...
  • RE: Vista: Windows Update error code 80070005
    ... Temporarily disable Norton, and try again to install the updates ... I recommend downloading and installing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Service Pack 3 (SP3) Wont Install
    ... Quick Summary - Service Pack 3 won't install. ... advice to disable Norton AntiVirus. ... Could that have been the reason? ...