Windows Update KB958960 error 80071AA7

Window's update can not install KB958690. I have not found anything
regarding how to get the update to install. I get the screen showing stage 3
of 3 at 0% and then it says it is reverting changes and the update failed.

Any advise would be great.

Windows Vista x64
Norton 360
--
Mike

  • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
    ... I'm running Vista SP 1 x64 on HP/Compaq 8510w ... This is a clean install with only the OS, updates from Windows Update, most ... However all was not related to SP1rc and Norton. ... in Windows Local Security Policies and HP PRotectTools. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: The area for the questions is blank
    ... I think the "partial recovery" was, in fact, a Repair Install. ... If such was the case and you did not uninstall IE8 before doing the "partical recovery," your only recourse now will be a clean install. ... Here is the info on the computer and Norton. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: After SP2 Try getting the Live Update Patch and then Install SP2
    ... *By all means install SP2--you are better off undoubtably with it ... and NIS 2004 among other Norton ... then install SP2 and you should be fine. ... Windows XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Windows update total failure form 24th Feb 2009
    ... I will format & clean install. ... I did have Norton Internet Security 2004 before this. ... Set Background Intelligent Transfer Service to Automatic and verify ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 96358 failed to install
    ... I suspect that Norton was running in the background when you reinstalled SP2 and this may have led to your issues. ... Other than doing a format/reinstall of Windows, ... Double-click Automatic Updates> Click on Stop ... After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all Norton software via Add/Remove Programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)