Re: VersionManager.exe

michbskee wrote:

Searching C: located versionmanager.exe in c:\program
files\hewlett-packard\hp advisor. HP.COM support for the laptop shows
it as part of HP Advisor and can be disabled by selecting the wrench
(preferences) in HP Advisor and de-selecting the option to have it run
automatically at start up.

The next time I opened it it was selected again but it didn't start up
on that boot.

Deselected it again and will see if it remains dormant until I open HP
Advisor again.

For something that's in your face every time you boot your machine they
don't make it particularly easy to find where to turn it off.

Are your the OP? If yes, glad that sorted it for you. Even if no, thanks for
finding this information and taking the time to post it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: Internet Explorer, internet options, forgotten password
    ... Now you can access Content Advisor and change the ... > and made up a bunch to boot. ... Is there a way to reset this ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: VersionManager.exe
    ... HP.COM support for the laptop shows ... it as part of HP Advisor and can be disabled by selecting the wrench ... For something that's in your face every time you boot your machine they ...
  • RE: Help
    ... You need to set the Content Advisor under each user one by one. ... boot into the user, open IE, click menu Tools, Internet Options, click the ... Regards, ...
  • Content Advisor
    ... I am brand new to computers and I need advice! ... tell me how to get rid of Content Advisor. ... laptop 3 weeks and haven't had this problem until today. ...
  • Polices troubles
    ... I changed some polices according with " Belarc Advisor". ... I can not share the files and printers between my laptop and the fix pc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)