Re: Windows Firewall problem: Filter Query

Hey guys,

I read this thread on many forums (you have been a busy chap haven't
you, lol), and i had the same problem and SOLVED IT!

You have to check if it is a DNS problem, go ping a IP adres in command
prompt, that worked for me, but when i tried to ping a website like
google (ping www.google.com) it couldn't find it.

I went to opendns.com and followed their instructions for adding a
alternative DNS for my browser, and now my "user query" problem is
fixed!

Let me know if this does work for you as well!

--
Neo105
Neo105's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/neo105.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Backup Question
    ... problem is a DNS problem. ... then do `ping google.com` and see what happens. ... Ethernet Card, that I don't use) & the TI NDIS Device referred ... to above (it's hot-pluggable to USB port of computer from the corresp ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: home page does not load automatically
    ... > there are similar problems with some other desktops in my ... Sounds more like an MTU problem than a DNS problem. ... Try this ping -f yahoo.com -l 1472 ... Does it say 'Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set', ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: much to my surprise....
    ... back to my desk and could not ping. ... network things will work too. ... checklist of what to do to diagnose this? ... If you can't get there 'by address', it is *NOT* a DNS problem, and you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SV: much to my surprise....
    ... back to my desk and could not ping. ... checklist of what to do to diagnose this? ... network utilities with a debug flag? ... If you can't get there 'by address', it is *NOT* a DNS problem, and you ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Oh drats. Umemployment at a 5 year low
    ... LOL. ... the broadcast address for the network). ... ping your MAC with it, but you can also ping it with the normal IP address of your machine. ... NAT is something you do as a CONSEQUENCE of using a private IP network internally. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)