Re: VersionManager.exe

Searching C: located versionmanager.exe in c:\program
files\hewlett-packard\hp advisor. HP.COM support for the laptop shows
it as part of HP Advisor and can be disabled by selecting the wrench
(preferences) in HP Advisor and de-selecting the option to have it run
automatically at start up.

The next time I opened it it was selected again but it didn't start up
on that boot.

Deselected it again and will see if it remains dormant until I open HP
Advisor again.

For something that's in your face every time you boot your machine they
don't make it particularly easy to find where to turn it off.

--
michbskee

  • Re: VersionManager.exe
    ... HP.COM support for the laptop shows ... it as part of HP Advisor and can be disabled by selecting the wrench ... For something that's in your face every time you boot your machine they ...
  • Content Advisor
    ... I am brand new to computers and I need advice! ... tell me how to get rid of Content Advisor. ... laptop 3 weeks and haven't had this problem until today. ...
  • Re: Internet Explorer, internet options, forgotten password
    ... Now you can access Content Advisor and change the ... > and made up a bunch to boot. ... Is there a way to reset this ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Polices
    ... I changed some polices according with " Belarc Advisor". ... I can not share the files and printers between my laptop and the fix pc. ...
  • Polices troubles
    ... I changed some polices according with " Belarc Advisor". ... I can not share the files and printers between my laptop and the fix pc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)