Re: VersionManager.exe

Searching C: located versionmanager.exe in c:\program
files\hewlett-packard\hp advisor. HP.COM support for the laptop shows
it as part of HP Advisor and can be disabled by selecting the wrench
(preferences) in HP Advisor and de-selecting the option to have it run
automatically at start up.

The next time I opened it it was selected again but it didn't start up
on that boot.

Deselected it again and will see if it remains dormant until I open HP
Advisor again.

For something that's in your face every time you boot your machine they
don't make it particularly easy to find where to turn it off.

--
michbskee
.