Re: Firewall problem

Maybe also see this
http://sphinx-soft.com/Vista/
from a recent Firewall post

"davidberq" <davidberq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:906F4EB3-FD65-4B1F-AEBB-FCD6411DFC8F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a zinio program that allows me to get magazines online and my
license
does not work. I have tryed contacting zinio and they told me it is a
firewall problem. I have attempted to turn off all the firewalls that are
runinig and it still does not solve the problem.

I am running windows vista ultimate.
I turned off the windows firewall and disabled windows defender.
I had AdAware and spybot search and destroy on my computer which I
uninstalled.
Also I disabled the firewall on my modem and contacted my ISP to make sure
they were not blocking the website from there end.

I followed the instructions that zinio gave me to uninstall their program
and delete the licenses from my computer and then restart the computer and
reinstall the zinio program. It still comes up with the message #22 error
for license.

I have been using that zinio program for a few years and this problem just
started in the last month when my last issue arrived. I don't think I
changed anything in my system that should have caused this problem.

  • Firewall problem
    ... I have a zinio program that allows me to get magazines online and my license ... I have tryed contacting zinio and they told me it is a ... I turned off the windows firewall and disabled windows defender. ...
  • Re: Comodo Personal Firewall
    ... > automatically install the license from the license code we send. ... Testing Comodo seems no ... how about a compare with my current firewall? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Licenses Wont Download for Bought Music???
    ... Have you tried turning off your firewall? ... WMP is suppose to connect to the license server from where I bought the ... This time it went past the "requiring license" status but in ... and if anything from the outside SHOULD promt me, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Checkpoint 4.0 and NG VPN --- Matter of life and Death
    ... You should be able to set up a VPN between 4.0 and NG as long as you ... and an encryprtion license and you run either NG FP-1 or NG ... FP-2 with the FWZ hack. ... between the firewall external addresses and then some ENCRYPT rules ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: url filtering 2811
    ... the firewall feature set but my question is what do I need to enable it. ... The firewall option is part of the Advanced Security feature set. ... List price of Cisco2811-SEC/K9 bundle is $3395.00 ... you to put the image that is at the proper license level on the hardware... ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)