Re: to@@@lgyys

"Dion Lee" <dion.lee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:362E0604-3B84-4002-85A0-5948406D0DB5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi igyys and everyone else with the same norton bloodhound problem.The problem is norton!,its a crap antivirus full stop! ,I had same type of crap with norton! .But found a solution to this...For start...You need a better antivirus like trend or CA ect.. but not norton.How ever the blood hound Exploit?>..this is the blood hound settings in the norton.you can adjust em.To have more or less.> I say..you ether have the setting too dam hi? and its detecting allmost any program your using at the time with bloodhound virus in it! Answer..Adjust bloodhound settings low. Another prob is that if the antivirus came with an firewall? your program maybe restricted.You should let the program through the firewall and once done,start the program again. :).

If you have a desire to pay for Anti-virus, NOD32 or Kapersky are a better bet, but avoid the security suite versions. Personally I prefer free ones like Avast or Avira

--
Mike Hall - MVP

Mike's Window - My Blog..

  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Port 3128
    ... > that port to send out Spam. ... > need a firewall app to do it or is there some other way? ... Also consider using a trojan scanner such as ... www.pestpatrol.com and an antivirus scanner such as Norton to look for other ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: New Server Secure Enough?
    ... > I'm going to run one of my machines as an IIS web server, ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program are all below: ... You can also use the NETSTAT -A command that comes with Windows to look at ...
  • Re: been hit by hacker, servudaemon installed
    ... Windows 2000 hardening checklists from www.microsoft.com/technet/security ... use antivirus and a file change checker such as ... where to get a firewall and antivirus program ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is ...
  • Re: message at start up
    ... It sounds like you're not running a firewall, ... You also failed to mention what version of Windows you are using, ... Antivirus programs generally detect some ... Consider installing an antivirus program that is configured to ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)