smart card PIN (Credential) delegation accross the processes (non

Hi,

Is there any way or setting(s) to delegate(s) the Smart card credentials
(smart card pin) across the processes on local machine?

The scenario is,
1. User inserts a smart card for windows logon. Press Ctrl + Alt+Del
2. Select certificate tile.
3. User enter the pin and successfully gets log-in by using smart card
credentials

Case 1:
4. User opens IE to open a ssl site.
5. IE will prompts for dialogue to enter the smart card pin
6. Gets authenticate. User now can use SSL site.

Case2:
4. Open Outlook
5. User wants to sign an email. Outlook will prompt for smart pin dialouge.
6. User enters the correct smart pin and successfully sign the mail.

Is there any setting to use the first enter smart card pin (i.e. at the time
of Windows logon) will be used by all the other processes (IE or Outlook or
any other process)?

Note: Microsoft smart card BaseCSP is used for Smart Card Operation. BaseCSP
maintains per process base Smart Card PIN cache.

Regards,
Amit Goel
SafeNet Inc.

  • Sign, encrypt and decrypt in a Citrix session
    ... We use a Smart Card to; sign, encrypt and decrypt email in Outlook 2003. ... VPN solution because the MIS groups send the VPN password via an encrypted email. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Unable to access domain resources after smart card logon
    ... i am asked to type in the smart card pin as well. ... >> such as shared folders or outlook he required to authenticate twice. ... should i remove and then connect the laptop back to the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Importing a Symmetric Key into the Microsoft Base Smart Card Crypto Provider
    ... I am having problems with getting Outlook Express to decrypt an e-mail ... Using a utility to trace Crypto API calls made by Outlook Express, ... all calls are successful. ... This function is called after I see the smart card selection ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Vista logon with smart card on local pc
    ... Smart card logon is typically used in a domain environment to mitigate the threat of stolen or compromised credentials -- without the smart card, an attacker can't log onto the domain remotely. ... When you are connected to a domain you can request a certificate for Vista ... the smart card credentials are cached into the local pc.(I think you can use ...
  • Re: digital id with OE 6
    ... How to Digitally Sign and Encrypt Messages in Outlook Express ... Unable to Use Personal Certificates in Outlook Express ... > I have a problem by using my digital id stored in my smart card with> outlook express. ... > but when I try to combine the digital ID with my e-mail account by ...