Re: how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)?
- From: "Jeff" <nomo@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:45:46 -0600
"Jeff" <nomo@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ORkBPlSkJHA.4372@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to use Shell.Application, e.g.
var objShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
in JScript an html file on a local disk (accessed by file: instead of by http:), I get a JScript error "permission denied". I tried changing the security setting for "Local intranet" to Low, but that didn't make any difference. I tried putting the file path into "Trusted Sites", but it told me it only accepts https sites.
What do I need to do so that Internet Explorer will run Shell.Application functions in a local html file?
It's in Internet Options, Advanced, Security:
"Allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer"
- Prev by Date: Re: turn off user account control
- Next by Date: Re: turn off user account control
- Previous by thread: how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)?
- Next by thread: Disabling Windows Resource Protection