Re: how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)?

"Jeff" <nomo@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ORkBPlSkJHA.4372@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to use Shell.Application, e.g.

var objShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
objShell.TrayProperties();

in JScript an html file on a local disk (accessed by file: instead of by http:), I get a JScript error "permission denied". I tried changing the security setting for "Local intranet" to Low, but that didn't make any difference. I tried putting the file path into "Trusted Sites", but it told me it only accepts https sites.

What do I need to do so that Internet Explorer will run Shell.Application functions in a local html file?

Thanks,
Jeff

It's in Internet Options, Advanced, Security:
"Allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer"

.