Re: how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)?

"Jeff" <nomo@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ORkBPlSkJHA.4372@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I try to use Shell.Application, e.g.

var objShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");
objShell.TrayProperties();

in JScript an html file on a local disk (accessed by file: instead of by http:), I get a JScript error "permission denied". I tried changing the security setting for "Local intranet" to Low, but that didn't make any difference. I tried putting the file path into "Trusted Sites", but it told me it only accepts https sites.

What do I need to do so that Internet Explorer will run Shell.Application functions in a local html file?

Thanks,
Jeff

It's in Internet Options, Advanced, Security:
"Allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer"

  • how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)?
    ... in JScript an html file on a local disk (accessed by file: instead of by http:), I get a JScript error "permission denied". ... I tried putting the file path into "Trusted Sites", but it told me it only accepts https sites. ... What do I need to do so that Internet Explorer will run Shell.Application functions in a local html file? ...
  • Re: Http
    ... > html file to or from a http address. ... > reading up on some http and it seems that i can use the URLConnection ... > password) before i can connect to that particular http server. ... Java's HttpURLConnection only implements basic authentication. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: Getting list of files in directory from a web site
    ... simple HTML file in it. ... I called mine "mynewsite" ... > Hi Nick, ... >> a normal and supported use of HTTP. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: alternative way not using param(userid)
    ... > Is there an alternative way to get data from HTML file to CGI file? ... HTTP server is to generate an HTTP request via a link or a form ... This has nothing to do with Perl - it has ...
    (comp.lang.perl)