Re: hide real e-mail address

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OdQcZoTjJHA.3716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not sure where to post this question.
WLM 14v.
My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid (fake )
address.
This alumni group site is Membership Only. Members must provide valid
e-mail addresses and nobody is to send messages to the group without
membership and valid acknowledged address.
So, my question is, how did this happen ? How did the message get through,
and how did the sender use faked address and still be able to send the
message out ? We want to stop this. Please advise. Thank you.
P.S. The anonymous message is NOT malicious. It contains concern of
group's policy and requests changes. It is obviously sent by a current
member. But still ........ did we get hacked ?
t-4-2

It seems to me that the software at the website that is supposed
to filter out e-mail that doesn't comply with having acknowledged
addresses is broken - or that the perpetrator has access to the
acknowledged and accepted e-mail to edit it with a fake address
after it has arrived.

Who has the keys to the kingdom?

.