Re: hide real e-mail address

"t-4-2" <dhuang1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:OdQcZoTjJHA.3716@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not sure where to post this question.
WLM 14v.
My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid (fake )
address.
This alumni group site is Membership Only. Members must provide valid
e-mail addresses and nobody is to send messages to the group without
membership and valid acknowledged address.
So, my question is, how did this happen ? How did the message get through,
and how did the sender use faked address and still be able to send the
message out ? We want to stop this. Please advise. Thank you.
P.S. The anonymous message is NOT malicious. It contains concern of
group's policy and requests changes. It is obviously sent by a current
member. But still ........ did we get hacked ?
t-4-2

It seems to me that the software at the website that is supposed
to filter out e-mail that doesn't comply with having acknowledged
addresses is broken - or that the perpetrator has access to the
acknowledged and accepted e-mail to edit it with a fake address
after it has arrived.

Who has the keys to the kingdom?

  • Re: hide real e-mail address
    ... My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid (fake) address. ...
  • Re: hide real e-mail address
    ... t-4-2 wrote: ... My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid (fake) address. ...
  • hide real e-mail address
    ... My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid address. ... Members must provide valid e-mail addresses and nobody is to send messages to the group without membership and valid acknowledged address. ...
  • Re: hide real e-mail address
    ... My alumni group website received an anonymous letter with invalid address. ... Members must provide valid e-mail addresses and nobody is to send messages to the group without membership and valid acknowledged address. ...
  • Re: What New Members?
    ... Numbers don't lie; You do. ... How many of that alleged "membership" is made up of you and other ... members of the RMO Mafia using fake names to keep up insipid ...
    (rec.music.opera)