Adware and Malware

Hi, since my son downloaded Windows Messenger Plus and and another
add-on for emoticons e.t.c, my laptop has been inundated with spyware
and other malware, I have free AVG which i normally find excellent but
to no avail.....

Also I am unable to download any of the recommended Windows Updates, I
keep getting error codes like this:-

*Windows Update error code 80246005*

--
babybels71

  • Re: Windows Installer 7.0.6
    ... It would be helpful if you could tell us more about the error codes. ... Windows, x64-based systems ... | windows software installer 7.0.6000.381 I think that this is the main update ... | software to get windows updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Cant install Updates - error Code 8000FFF and Code 643
    ... Others will help you with the error codes and installing the failed updates, but I wanted to briefly comment on Windows Defender. ... On my wife's new Vista computer, WD interfered with her antivirus and caused it to report erroneous information to the Windows Security Center, that it was "turned off" when it really was turned on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SP/3 Cleanup
    ... Delete the hidden folder of files that would be restored by an uninstall: ... 'Remove' for Service Pack 2 in Add/Remove Programs, ... this - it will be used in future by Windows File Protection - but on an NTFS ... Also you can delete other Windows Updates Files to gain space. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: 2 Client PCs cannot connect to Network Drives
    ... I also saw that Windows Updates would not work. ... would report that they could no longer connect to network drives. ... Temporary workaround to get client working: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SP/3 Cleanup
    ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... Delete the hidden folder of files that would be restored by an uninstall: ... Also you can delete other Windows Updates Files to gain space. ... are also in Add/Remove Programs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)