Re: Norton 360 not recognized as Malware Protection

For me, the method proposed here worked at first attempt.

"Sadie" wrote:

--
Sadie

"Charlie42" wrote:

"Sadie" <Sadie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Upon accessing Windows Security Center, I see both Virus Protection and
and Spyware are both turned Off. Upon accessing Security Provider -
Symantec, I see only Norton Internet Security listed. What do we need to
do for the Windows Security Center to acknowledge Norton 360 installed
and working well?

Under the assumption Norton 360 itself reports to be up and running:
There is a general fix that can solve the problem with Vista reporting
malware protection is missing, although it is present. All commands are
typed in at the command prompt, you need to run as administrator:

Method 1:

winmgmt /verifyrepository

If WMI repository is reported to be inconcistent, run the following command:

winmgmt /salvagerepository

Method 2:

net stop winmgmt /y
cd %windir%\system32\wbem
ren repository repository.old

Then reboot the computer.

Charlie42

Appreciate your reply. With my tech skills, I will leave as is for now;
hopefully Norton 360 will improve eventually. Had difficult time removing
Norton Internet Security 2007 to install Norton 360; mission accomplished &
pleased. All things will never be perfect!
.