Vista Home : System error 1385 has occurred.

Hi,

I have Vista Business and Vista Home laptops. The "Sharing and Discovery"
settings in "Network and Sharing Centre" are identical.

When I try to run net use \\ipaddress\IPC$ /USER:administrator password on
the VISTA BUSINESS machine it works.

but on the VISTA HOME machine I get:

"System error 1385 has occurred.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer."

Is this a security feature or restriction of VISTA HOME and is there a way
to map to the IPC$ share ?

thanks, B

  • Re: Vista Home and "Remote Desktop Connection"
    ... There are third-party utilities that allow you to connect to Vista Home but if you don't want Ultimate or Business then you probably don't want third-party stuff either. ... dont want to buy Vista business or Ultimate. ...
  • Re: Vista Home and "Remote Desktop Connection"
    ... dont want to buy Vista business or Ultimate. ... How I can have "Remote Desktop ... Connection" in vista home or what should I do? ...