Re: Clock has gone slow

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 20:48:46 -0500, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can physically remove the battery (and have done so for an extended test
of 48 hours) and my desktop tower retains correct time.

As it should.

Here is a long article about Windows timekeeping.

http://blogs.msdn.com/w32time/default.aspx

Toward the end is a general discussion (Tale of Two Clocks) that
should show any rational person why the CMOS battery and clock is not
the reason for time being lost when Windows is running.

DDW
No email please

  • Re: Obtaining correct time?
    ... Our cable tv box displays the correct time and updates every night. ... I got at least 4 radio clocks at home, but I can't trust them all. ... I used to work at a NASA site,' Timing man" Using a Cesium prime, we ... If you had to learn reading off a digital display watch, from birth, ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Obtaining correct time?
    ... smart phone but if you type "correct time" in the address bar it will link to ... I got at least 4 radio clocks at home, but I can't trust them all. ... I used to work at a NASA site,' Timing man" Using a Cesium prime, we ... If you had to learn reading off a digital display watch, from birth, ...
    (alt.horology)
  • Re: Time not sync on cluster nodes
    ... time.windows.com you may want to set it to the domain's PDC emulator...or to ... second or two later run the same command on the active node. ... > What is the best/safest method to adjust the clocks to be ... > the same and with the correct time? ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: Galilean relativity
    ... neither clocks at the sun, nor clocks at rest on the earth, nor clocks on ... So all your previous posts were wrong when you said that clocks in S' do NOT show the correct time and that they run slow. ... yet that is in conflict with what we observer in reality. ... Care to actually post something that is consistent with itself and reality as we observe it .. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Galilean relativity
    ... >> neither clocks at the sun, nor clocks at rest on the earth, nor>> clocks ... >They will all show the correct time for their positions in the ... Care to actually post something that is consistent with itself and reality ... as we observe it .. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)