Re: Clock has gone slow

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:26:23 -0500, "Peter Foldes" <okf122@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The time is always dependent on the CMOS battery. It runs on that computer open or

No. Time is independent of the CMOS clock/battery when Windows is

No email please

Relevant Pages

  • =?Utf-8?Q?RE:_Resetting_BIOS_to_factory_de?= =?Utf-8?Q?faults_when_you_don=C2=B4t_have_acces
    ... Yes, the machine eventually booted in Windows mode, but although I did ... risk and warranting the BIOS password protection. ... Windows still booted so I tried A) B), or removing the CMOS battery. ... message indicating that the machine has been tampered with at boot time. ...
  • Re: Clock
    ... your CMOS battery may need replacing. ... Windows maintains the clock by counting these, so if the interval is not ... net start w32time ...
  • Re: black screen w/bliking cursor at satrt up
    ... its memory if the CMOS Battery is getting weak/dead. ... situation is a bit like this: i have a system set up to dual boot windows xp ... i also did an in-place upgrade to the installation in drive D and i keep ...
  • Re: Difficult password situation
    ... my Windows account is limited, ... If you have no confidence in removing the CMOS battery, you should call in a professional to fix your problem. ... Removing the CMOS battery is a fairly straigtforward operation, in fact, a lot of motherboard manufacturers have a jumper that will clear the CMOS configuration without removing the battery. ...
  • Re: Switch user
    ... Wes ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Wishy hunted and pecked: ... >> How To Replace The CMOS Battery In Your PC ...