Re: "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog"

Probably the only way this question can be answered is either by someone doing an extensive analysis of your system or at least a history of what has been done to the system.

Do you know how to look at the logs? Do you see any related information there?

"Kdunn44011" <Kdunn44011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5FD9AF8F-47CF-4BE7-B7D7-2FB8ABB21164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm running Vista Home premium on a HP dv9743cl laptop. If I let the
computer stand idle for 3-5 minutes the computer freezes up and I get the
error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options
dialog." At that point I have to use the power button to turn the computer
off. I've run a virus check (Norton 2009) and chkdsk/f and no errors are
listed.

Does anyone know what the error message means and how to fix it?

Ken Dunn
Cleveland, OH

.