Re: "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog"

Probably the only way this question can be answered is either by someone doing an extensive analysis of your system or at least a history of what has been done to the system.

Do you know how to look at the logs? Do you see any related information there?

"Kdunn44011" <Kdunn44011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5FD9AF8F-47CF-4BE7-B7D7-2FB8ABB21164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm running Vista Home premium on a HP dv9743cl laptop. If I let the
computer stand idle for 3-5 minutes the computer freezes up and I get the
error message, "Logon process has failed to create the security options
dialog." At that point I have to use the power button to turn the computer
off. I've run a virus check (Norton 2009) and chkdsk/f and no errors are
listed.

Does anyone know what the error message means and how to fix it?

Ken Dunn
Cleveland, OH

  • RE: XP Freezing Problem:
    ... files and history sites all run in the last few hours and everything checks ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ... Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messagesthat can shed some ... Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: choosing nicknames
    ... it, I get an error message when I try to send the message, ... Under Settings | Composing Mail, ... permanently get rid of the one I don't. ... it might mean getting rid of the history, ...
    (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
  • Re: Problem adding documents (SPS 2001)
    ... > Authors or Coordinators when adding documents through the dashboard ... > Rename, Check In, Publish & Version History. ... > Publish or Version History all produce the above error message, ... > Delete and Rename work fine! ...
  • RE: Version Restore No File with URL
    ... \par From the error message, I think the file may contain the error. ... We could try to download the file from the version history page to check whether this file contains error or there is no file there. ... sharepoint can't find it and restore it. ...
  • Hardware? Software? Both? Strange spontaneous reboots; repeatable
    ... Everything functions re apps, so - that leaves OS, HW, or ME! ... Messy, like the power cord was pulled - black screen, ... -- The Serious Error message already men tioned above, ... -- Sometimes partial rearrangement of desktop icons and/or Quik ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)