Re: Permissions

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:42:46 -0800, "Kathy" <kmodahl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If I mess up my computer I will fix it or format it and start over.
I get the feeling noone gets my point. I know they are junction points, but
why show them if you can't access them?
I want to know what is on my computer. On my computer they look like an
ordinary folder. If you look back at the first response, won't you
immediately feel put down and defensive? My default user folder is not
empty. I could not access it until I changed the security options. So are
the rest empty?

I know for sure that something is empty... I think it's your head.

Kathy

"Sam Hobbs" <Gateremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
There it is. You are asking for help so you can mess up your computer,
which means it is likely you will be back asking for more help fixing
something and you won't understand how you messed it up and you will
provide insufficient information. You will waste a lot of time; yours and
those of others trying to help.

I think most or all people that help others here will prefer that you
don't ask for help here when in the future you mess up your computer in a
manner you don't understand and you are doing something Windows is trying
to protect you from messing up.

"Kathy" <kmodahl@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

If I choose to access something and mess up my computer, why can't I?

  • Re: Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?
    ... It is not connected to anything - one screw in the wall flat end. ... Empty on the ground. ... Get rid of that mess - unless it has a REAL reason to be there. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Good all-around vacuum cleaners
    ... can empty them outside. ... I keep my garbage can in my garage and I don't need the "mess" you ... mentioned in the garage anymore than I need it in the house. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: London Congestion charge
    ... car is empty and unoccupied 11 months of the year. ... Hah. ... Wonder if they might be able to mess up your credit rating a bit ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: "" is not blank
    ... It is an empty text string. ... It shouldn't matter with VLOOKUP if you use 0 for the last ... It probably WILL mess up sorting: these cells will come before cells ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Sayins heard on the bus
    ... "Who put the Oreos in my cooler?!" ... (then later making Michael M. empty out the mess) ...
    (rec.arts.marching.drumcorps)