KB960714 tries to repeatedly install

I can see that I'm not the only one with update problems.

I have similar issues with the above update although the update history does show that it installed ok the first time it was downloaded. However it doesn't appear on the list of installed updates and Vista attempt to download and install it every time I boot up although it fails with a Code 800736b2 error.

I've tried restoring to a point before the first 'successful' download and install with no success, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

  • Re: MSXML & KB925672
    ... Gives the download I used for 924191. ... successful and a reboot was requested". ... install and reboot on every update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Cant boot after UNINSTALLING SP2.................HELP
    ... It says that the install was successful, ... PCRestarts, I the small DVI mode "icon" on the screen for a second ... After the first time, I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered
    ... Download and SAVE *msxml3.msi* from here: ... Whether the command to unregister the msxml3.dll is successful or not, ... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to WINDOWS\system32 ... *Right* click the copy of msxml3.msi downloaded previously and choose Install. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: iOS 4.0.1
    ... I told iTunes to download and install, went and did a few things to get ... I have a profound urge for an ice cream, ... for the first time today and do it later. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Windows critical update KB828026
    ... been successful both via auto download and from the web ... >regarding critical update KB828026, Update for Windows ... When I attempt to install ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)